Saturday, January 1, 2011

Still waiting

To say I'm impatient is an understatement.

It's been three days since Tara reached her due date and there's still no new baby. I know every woman and baby is different when it comes to timing for childbirth, but I'm getting antsy.

At least I can take comfort in the fact that we made it through Christmas and it's likely we will not be having the first baby of the new year at Fort Memorial Hospital. That's fine by me: I've had my name in the Daily Jefferson County Union enough times as it is.

I thought for sure Tara would be in labor before Christmas. Her due date was Dec. 29, but given how Amelia surprised us by arriving a month early in 2008, I didn't think she would pass D Day.

We've been trying just about every suggestion on the Internet and from friends to help induce labor. I've walked the Janesville, Johnson Creek and East Towne malls several times in the last three days. I planned a nice date night with Tara and took her out for dinner, figuring the baby would want to ruin those plans. She's had a couple of pregnancy massages and a pedicure with an emphasis on the pressure points that can help cause contractions. Tara tagged along with her parents Thursday when they went shopping and apparently, Tara was jogging through Walmart at one point.

I wish I could have been there to see that.

Despite our best efforts, nothing seems to be working yet. At least we're both getting a good workout.

I'm trying to stay positive. I know he'll have to make an appearance at some point. I'm mostly concerned about his timing. If he waits too long, Tara will need to be induced at the hospital using pitocin, and that's not a fun ride for anybody.

In the meantime, I'm continuously responding to text and Facebook messages from people asking if the new baby is here. Each time, I feel a little more anxious. I know my friends and family are excited for the new baby and they mean well. It just feels a little overwhelming being reminded each time that we're still waiting.

It's like the old saying, "A watched pot never boils." Of course it's going to happen. It just seems like it takes forever when all eyes are on the pot.

Trust me: I won't keep everyone in the dark when the time comes. Check out the Baby Blog, find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/james.debilzen or follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/JamesDebilzen for more updates.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post and interesting photo. Thanks for your sharing. I love your blog very much. I am sure that I will recommend it to all of my friend. At the same time, I will like to invite you to visit my blog at http://1newbornbabyclothing.blogspot.com/ and share all my happiness and sadness with you. Also you can find many useful information on baby stuff. Looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

    http://www.1newbornbabyclothing.com/

    ReplyDelete